Sony Ericsson K550i vs G502 Camera Quality

Yellow Rose with K550i Pink Flower photo with G502

Compare those photos above! The first was taken with Sony Ericsson K550i, while the second was taken with G502. As what I have written before on many of my posts, I’m quite disappointed with the camera of Sony Ericsson G502. Its lack of details and inability to capture image in a low light environment, and as you can see on the second photo of pink flower (don’t ask me the name, cause I just don’t know), SE G502 is not able to focus on colors that is too bright or too light. It can capture the green stripped grass, but can not do the same for the light pink. I have tried so many times to shoot this flower with G502, but the result never satisfy me.

Sony Ericsson G502 is made as a low priced cell phone that its main purpose is to have a good internet connection in a low price, as it is completed with HSDPA capability. That’s the reason why it is not equipped with a ‘little bit’ good camera. On the other hand, the K550i’s camera is sometimes to good to be true to be owned buy this cheap cell phone. It has autofocus and a good flash to help you shooting a picture in a low light circumstances.

So, the conclusion is do not expect a good picture quality from Sony Ericsson G502. If you are now living in Indonesia, please wait until the HSDPA or 3G connection are really fully hearted established.

Comments

I have used both cameras and K550i picture quality is top notch!